Wednesday 13 July 2016

Sainsbury's and field running

KIRI:
You left me alone in the car!!

ALLY:
Yes. I did, didn't I? Well spotted!

KIRI:
You're not supposed to leave dogs in cars! I might have died!!

ALLY:
That advice refers to hot cars in the sun.

It was half past seven in the evening. The car was parked in the shade. The window was open. And I was only away for 5 minutes. You couldn't possibly have died in that time.

KIRI:
I shouted for you not to go away!

ALLY:
I know. I heard. And so did everyone else in the car park.

KIRI:
Why did you leave me?

ALLY:
Because I had to go into Sainsbury's for some milk.

KIRI:
What's Sainsbury's?

ALLY:
It's a shop where I buy food.

KIRI:
But you take me into shops!! I've been in shops in Keswick!!! They have signs on the door that say, "WELL-BEHAVED DOGS WELCOME!" !!!! I am well-behaved. Sometimes ...

ALLY:
Those are clothes shops and charity shops and things. There are regulations about not letting dogs into food shops.  You're unhygenic. Apparently.

KIRI:
I am NOT unhygenic!!! How very dare they????!!!

ALLY:
Actually, you are pretty unhygenic, but however you may feel about it, they wouldn't have let you in. And we needed some milk. And bananas.

KIRI:
I like bananas! Can I have one?

ALLY:
Not just now.

Now, where did we go after that?

KIRI:
Why are you asking me??? Have you forgotten already??? I can remember!!

ALLY:
No! I've not forgotten. Just wondering what you thought of it.

KIRI:
We went along a river, and saw a castle, and we went in a field, and you let me run and run and run and run and run and run and run and ....

ALLY:
Yes! You did a bit of running, didn't you?

KIRI:
Yes!!!! I ran and ran and ran and ...

ALLY:
You enjoyed that didn't you?

KIRI:
YES!!! I like running.!! A LOT!!!

ALLY:
Really? That's a big surprise.

I took some photos of you running.

KIRI:
Did you??? Can I see????

ALLY:
Yes, in a minute. Where did we go next?

KIRI:
Then you tried to go through a gate but it was locked, so we had to climb over a thing ... a stile?? ... and then we went in another field, and we went through a gate and down a lonning and there were trees and the backs of buildings and then we came out and ...and ... there was our CAR!!! Right there!!! Nowhere near where we'd left it!!! It was so exciting!!! How did that happen?

ALLY:
It was exactly where we left it. We just went in a circle. Only I'd never been round that way before, so I was as surprised as you when we emerged from the lonning on to the road exactly where we'd left the car. So we've discovered a nice new walk.

Here's a photo of you running towards me:


KIRI:
Ooh I look happy don't I???

ALLY:
I think you were happy.

KIRI:
I'm a happy dog!!!!

Can I have some banana now?!








No comments:

Post a Comment