Sunday 10 July 2016

Accidents will happen

KIRI:
Well! That was exciting! We went for a walk! In the wind! Down near the sea! It was great!

ALLY: 
Yes, we did, didn't we? And what happened?

KIRI: 
I met a dog! And we made friends.!! She was black and white like Old Creaky Dog ... but she could run as fast as I can, so we chased each other round and round!! It was great! It was so exciting!!! She is my New Best Friend!!

ALLY: 
 You do realise you may never see her again?

KIRI:
I don't believe you. Why are trying to make me sad?

ALLY: 
Oh, I'm not! Just being realistic. Anyway, you made me sad. What happened after we met the border collie?

KIRI:  
We went all the way to Flimby! It was great!! And you made up a song about how wonderful Flimby is, and how nice it is to walk on the beach in the rain with your dog. That made me happy!

ALLY:
Hmm. Not sure if I was being entirely serious about Flimby, but it's all a matter of opinion. Delighted it made you so happy. And then what happened?

 KIRI:
The rain got heavier and I got wet but I didn't mind, 'cause I was walking with you, and that's the BEST THING!!!

ALLY:
 You do know what I'm leading up to, don't you? That's why you're being all smarmy. You're feeling guilty, aren't you?

KIRI: 
No! I love walking with you!! I'll walk anywhere with you!! ANYWHERE!!!

ALLY:  
Stop shouting.

KIRI:  
Sorry. I was excited!

ALLY:  
I'd never have guessed. 

KIRI:
I'm quite good at hiding it.

ALLY: 
Really ...?

ALLY:
So ... what happened next?

KIRI: 
We went back to the car park.

ALLY: 
And ...?

KIRI:  
I was excited to see the car! I can recognise our car! And then you suddenly let go of my lead and lay down on the ground and said. "Bloody stupid dog!"

KIRI:  
Yes, I did, didn't I? Why do you suppose I did that?

KIRI:  
I don't know. It didn't look very comfortable. Why did you do that?

ALLY: 
Because you yanked me through a narrow gap and tripped me up, you bloody stupid dog! My hands are all sore, I've got skint knuckles and a big bruise on my knee, and my best guitar-playing fingernail is broken. What have you got to say about that?

KIRI: 
:-( Er ... sorry? I didn't mean to hurt you. But I was SO EXCITED!!!

Are we still friends?
ALLY:
<sigh> Yes, of course we are. Just try to curb your enthusiasm next time, eh?

JODY Mcq: 
Lol Ally. You two are funny!

ALLY:
We do our best! :-)

JODY McQ:
Kiri - I'm sure you will see your new friend again...just ask Ally to take you to the beach every day!

KIRI:
Yes! Yes! See? SHE says we'll meet again. And I believe her! TAKE ME TO THE BEACH EVERY DAY!!!

ALLY: 
You're shouting again.

KIRI:
I was afraid you might not hear me otherwise.

ALLY:
Oh don't you worry. I can hear you.
LOUIS C: (another dog joins the conversation) 
I have same problem. Every day I try to tell Jody Mc! and the volunteers that I want to go to the beach, they only listen to me once every other day. I bark , pull them towards the car, sit down next to a car. I can only conclude that they just aren't very clever..

ALLY: 
Maybe they just don't want to go the beach! I'm sure Kiri will have some interesting comments when she wakes up, but right now she's having a snooze so the cats are getting some peace.

JOHN F: 
You two are the best double act ever! 

SOPHIE D:
Dear Kiri! We have lots! Of rabbits here! You can come and chase them round the field whenever you like! Then when you catch one! You can eat it!

KIRI:
Oh Sophie you have RABBITS!!!! I am so excited! I have to make Small Human Person take me to meet you. I know I'm going to like you!!!

JOANNE L: 
Kiri you really need to be taught how to use a camera so that we can see your adventures as well as hearing about them 😃 Xx

JOHN F:
Brilliant idea. How about a GoPro and dog harness? 

ALLY:
If I could afford a GoPro I don't think I'd want to trust it to that daft dog! 

JOANNE L:
 Lol was really meaning mum could take some pics I have no idea what a GoPro is 😂

JOHN F:
Joanne, something like this:

 ALLY:
Mum takes LOADS of photos, Joanne! Haven't you seen them?
Joanne - here's a link to my photo albums. Look for the ones with Kiri.
 www.flickr.com/photos/allybeag/albums

JOANNE L:

Sorry kiri and ally me bad I'll try to keep up better in future! X

ALLY:
:-) Well there's enough photos there to keep you occupied for months of sleepless nights ... If you like animals, search my Flickr site for photos of Ghyll and Pace too, and my cats Aineko and Oscar. There are LOADS. (Oh goodness, that dog's got me shouting too now!)

KIRI:
Ahem! Who are you calling a daft dog???

ALLY:
Oh lord. Not content with excessive exclamation marks, now it's excessive question marks. 

KIRI:
I like punctuation!!! Too many is better than missing them out!!! !!

ALLY:
No, it's just as bad to have too many.

JOANNE L:
Diva dog alert! 😉😂

JOHN F:
Kiri's spelling and vocabulary are excellent for one so young.

KIRI: 
John - thank you!! Small Human Person is very fussy about these things! She said she didn't want another illiterate dog.

ALLY:
I said nothing of the sort! Ghyll is lovely, even if his spelling is abysmal.

GHYLL:
wot u sayn bout me 

ALLY:
How did you get in here, Ghyll? You don't even have a facebook account! I was just saying you are lovely and we all love you. Now go back to sleep.

GHYLL:
k








2 comments:

  1. So that's how you hurt your ribs? You didn't mention your ribs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know I'd hurt them at the time, Ruthie! I was too busy nursing the bruises on my legs!

      Delete