Sunday 10 July 2016

Making it up

KIRI:
We took longer than usual with our walk this morning!!

ALLY
Yes, I kept stopping to record our conversation.

KIRI:
What conversation?

ALLY:
The one where you told me your mummy was a spacedog from the planet Perro and your father was a warg from Middle Earth.

KIRI:
Oh, that one! I made that up.

ALLY:
I know.

KIRI:
I thought I was pretty convincing!

ALLY:
Well, you might have convinced a worm with its hands over its ears ...

KIRI:
A worm with its hands over its ears? Worms don't have hands!! Or ears!!!

ALLY:
It's just a figure of speech.

KIRI:
I've never heard anyone say it!

ALLY:
That doesn't mean it's not a figure of speech.

KIRI:
I think you made it up.

ALLY:
Well, maybe I did.

KIRI:
You have a wonderful imagination!

ALLY:
Well, I live with you, don't I?


No comments:

Post a Comment